Want to catch up?

Curious about the creation/purpose of this blog?
Click here for clarification.


Monday, September 26, 2011

YOU are a child of God.

I am. You are.
Sometimes, when we all have something in common it becomes a commonplace truth to us.

But here is the deal. When it comes to people, the glass is SO half-full.
I used to be more of a judger. (At least, it's something I have been working on ever since my mom commented that I can be a bit of a snob.) 
It wasn't like I thought people were beneath me... I just couldn't believe how GOOD they were. I thought there must be a catch. Sometimes people are so genuinely kind, smart, funny, athletic, talented, younameit- that it's easy to feel out of my league, socially speaking.
I'm not saying that when you give people a chance you will become best friends with everyone you meet. But I do know that when REALLY try to love them, you are always surprised for the better. Seeing people as Christ sees them means we have a gracious heart and a kind tongue- we are always predisposed in their favor.
This includes being patient and loving with ourselves... usually more difficult. 

"Treat everyone you meet as if they are fighting a great battle." -commonly misquoted to Plato
We usually don't know what battles everyone is fighting in the secret chambers of their hearts. That's both normal and appropriate... the danger lies in our assuming their battles are any less real, just because we don't wear our life stories on our sleeves. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I've wept bitter tears over someone else's situation... and wished I had treated them differently before I knew what they were going through.

We are children of God.
We. are Children. of God.
If we are not put on this earth to love others and bring light to those around us, then frankly, I have no idea what we are here for.

The God I believe in is not one who is halfhearted in His desire and effort for our eternal happiness.
Have faith. Open your eyes and see the beauty around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment