Want to catch up?

Curious about the creation/purpose of this blog?
Click here for clarification.


Monday, September 5, 2011

I've Got the Magic in Me

Tonight I was reading an old devotional by Elder Uchtdorf, just because I needed a little pick-me-up. I ran across this gem:

"Frankly, it takes work. For any relationship to survive, both parties bring their own magic with them and use that to sustain their love."

Maybe he was talking about marriage. But I think this applies to all of the relationships we hold dear- family and friends- as well.

I just like the thought of that. You hear all the time that relationships take work, and it sounds like drudgery, like it's some uphill struggle to maintain liking someone and staying close to them. But I also believe in kindred spirits. You bring your magic and they bring theirs, and then you combine forces to start the fireworks. That is how you make relationships work. Holler.

I highly recommend the rest of the talk- you can read it here.
I love you, Elder Uchtdorf. (Thanks for validating us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment