Want to catch up?

Curious about the creation/purpose of this blog?
Click here for clarification.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

September Week 4! (For the record.)

Sorry we're behind. The week is almost over BUT I am still going to post our goal:

Week 4: Be real! Be honest. Be open.

Ok, honestly?
Cebre and I are probably THE best communicators I know. If really ask how we are doing, we are the ones who will say,

"Actually, I am overwhelmed with school and work and I've been throwing up for two days straight- but other than that, I am great! How are you?"

Probably more than you wanted to know. (But it is the truth!)
[Cebre edit: I actually was just reminded this week about how I won the "Most likely to tell you how her day is ACTUALLY going" award freshman year.  Funny.]

But Elder Anderson gave a devotional this week that if we ask the Lord for direction, He will show us the ways in which we can be more honest. More virtuous.
http://universe.byu.edu/index.php/2011/09/13/elder-neil-l-andersen-calls-byu-an-oasis-of-righteousness/
(Sorry, they don't have a video of the speech up yet.)

Recently, I had a friend remark -very kindly- how he felt lots of times girls act uncharacteristically rude or dishonest when they try to shake off boys who are interested in them instead of just telling the truth flat-out. (It's not a problem I have very often- but it was a good example to me of how honesty is more than simply not cheating on tests.)Personally, whenever I am unsure about which course of action to take, I ask myself which one is more difficult. Usually, the opposite of my natural instinct is the right thing to do... so lucky for me! It's not too hard to figure out.
Jesus wasn't very popular. So thank goodness, I don't have to be either!
Real-ly.

No comments:

Post a Comment