Want to catch up?

Curious about the creation/purpose of this blog?
Click here for clarification.


Monday, September 5, 2011

September Week 2

My mini message:
When Lauren and I decided to "Think of Others First" (challenge week two), I expected to be demonstrating my thoughts through action.  I'd let them turn into my lane, I'd open doors for them, I'd ... whatever.  My thinking of others first was primarily focused on giving them respect and notice through physical actions.

But then I got put on crutches.

I don't know what happened.  And I don't know when it will all be over.  But what I have learned is how much people at BYU serve!  So many people have shown their thoughts through their actions by not only waiting to open the door for me, but backtracking after they passed me to come back and open it.  And sadly, I couldn't do the same for them.

But somewhere amidst the crutches, and school starting, and life being crazy, I was prompted to think of others first in a different way than I previously planned.  Don't treat others with so much sarcasm and later Don't speak ill of others.  

Our challenge this week is to
Care deeply about relationships

This can be relationships with our peers, family, and then also our Heavenly Father and Savior.  It's so easy in every-day live to get mixed up and caught up, so that you don't even give time to those for whom you care.  This week, we're going to extra focus on proving the focus and love to maintain the relationships that we both have and care about.

And perhaps as we think of others first in not only our actions, but our words, we will also be able to further strengthen these relationships.  As we stand strong and do what's right, as we are "valiant in the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge, Ensign 2011) we will not only deepen our friendships and familial relationships, but we will also grow closer to our Savior as we become more like Him.

Goals for this week:
study the scriptures every day
go to the temple
pray for opportunities/increased ability to love
work for relationships, even if inconvenient, maintain friendships, keep them deep

No comments:

Post a Comment