Want to catch up?

Curious about the creation/purpose of this blog?
Click here for clarification.


Friday, October 14, 2011

October Week 2

 A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour.  ~Author Unknown

I think I'm just going to be forthright and honest.

Sometimes I get caught up in life. I consider myself generally optimistic, but sometimes I feel absolutely attacked by the responsibilities I have. To deal with this, I become like a machine--I'm simply processing input to produce some type of output. During these times, I have very limited emotion. My happiness is fleeting, if that.

There are other times when I decide to let myself get caught away in my daydreams. I'm an idealist, and I idealize my future. Throughout my life, I've allowed certain boys (or men) to catch my attention to the point that they are the single focus of my attention. I try to do homework, and ... I can't even focus. I find myself either smiling to myself about something they said, or I repeat all the reasons why I know they're actually not interested.

These two behaviors consume me to the point where sometimes I feel like I have blinders on.

The other night, I heard something that changed my perspective and behaviors. And honestly, I've heard it before, but this time it came at the right time.

Life is to be lived day by day, and moment by moment.

So since then, I've been focusing on just that.

And my life has been AMAZING. I've been relishing the crunch in the fall leaves, and how the sun looks when it peaks out over the mountains before its rise. There is peace. There is peace in living life as it continues.

Our goal for this week is to:
Be happy with what you have- content and grateful- express it!

So, friends, I would like to say that I am grateful. My life is so beautiful.

P.S. - Love the new layout, Laur. And I also love how much that girl above looks like the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment